Krishi Karman Awards
1. Krishi Karman Awards distributed for Progressive Farmers and Commendation Awards to the states at a public meeting in Tumkur, Karnataka on 2nd January.
2. Keeping in view the nutritional security of the country, PM requested to create a new category in the Krishi Karman Award, for Nutri Cereals, Horticulture and Organic Agriculture. This will give impetus to people and states doing better work in these areas
3. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar informed that a toll-free number for the beneficiaries of PM-Kisan Yojana, 155261 has been started at which the farmers will be able to know their payment status.
4. A special fund of Rs 7.50 thousand crore has also been created for modern infrastructure for fisheries. Fishermen have been linked to the Kisan Credit Card facility. Fishermen's boats are being modernized for deep sea fishing and navigation devices are being installed in boats for the protection of fishermen with the help of ISRO.”
5. Referring to the Government’s efforts on Fisheries sector, Prime Minister said the government is working at three levels to strengthen the sector.
a. First - Encouraging fisheries in villages through financial assistance to fishermen.
b. Second- Modernizing the fishing boats under the Blue Revolution Scheme.
c. And third - Constructing modern infrastructure related to fish trade and business.
6. Spice production in India has increased by more than 2.5 million tons, so the export has also increased from about Rs 15 thousand crore to about Rs 19 thousand crore.”
7. Karnataka also witnessed a historic moment when money under the PM-Kisan scheme has been distributed directly into the personal accounts of nearly 6 Crore Farmers in the country. Prime Minister said a total of Rs 12 Thousand Crores has been deposited under the 3rd tranche of the scheme.